We have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half now. And guess when we found out a peanut is on the way? The day after Phil accepted the job here in Austin! God surely has the best timing. :) We waited until Thanksgiving to tell our families. We knew moving was hard on them already, so we waited until the um, opportune moment. It was perfect.
We told my family during our prayer before eating. Phil is always asked to bless the food, but this time Chase wanted to say his new prayer and Paige wanted to sing hers. So they did and then everyone started to go toward the food and I said, 'oh, Phil was so looking forward to saying the prayer, can we say an adult prayer?'. Of course. So at the end of it, Phil prayed for our baby and my pregnancy and then the commotion began! Including my niece and nephew attempting to lift up my shirt the rest of the evening to see the baby in my tummy.
It appears by the end of the night Paige was not feeling so affectionate towards her unborn cousin. She was rather jealous that I got to hold up a cookie for them. Her exact comment was, "Why does Aunt Cynthia have two cookies?! She is only supposed to get ONE cookie!"
We told Phil's family the next evening while taking family photos. We were all posed ready to go and Phil said, "everyone say Cynthia is pregnant". In true Coffman fashion, everyone held their pose until the photo was taken, and then reacted! It was a lot of fun. Then we drove to pick up his grandpa and grandma to go eat at Star Pizza, again, and told them. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Whew, we are glad everyone knows!I should add - our peanut's ETA is July 6. People keep saying, oh an independence baby. I guess that would be kind of cool. I mean, how many people have cities across the country shooting fireworks on your special day? Makes birthday party planning easy!
15 comments:
Ooooh so fun!!! I stumbled upon your blog after lookin at pictures of my Grace on Morgan's blog! Keep us posted on your progress! You'll be due sometime in August, right?
christina cokenour
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you both! You guys are going to have the cutest baby!
Seriously, every time I see that picture of my niece staring down Cynthia I crack up. It's classic Paige.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
My heart is just ECSTATIC for you! I can't wait to see you and give you a giant hug!
That picture IS so funny! I didn't even notice it at first glance. What a character! :)
We love you!
oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, this is so great. i am so so excited for you guys! wow, what a great gift! congratulations you two!!!!
YEA!!!
i am so happy for you!
CONGRATS!!! its soooo fun!
hooray for due date buddies! I bet my two get here first, though...
I'm still so excited for you guys!
Congratulations, Cynthia and Phil! That is such great news and I'm so incredibly happy for y'all! Hopefully, I'll get to catch up with the rest of your blog in the next few days or so. :)
Wow! Congrats you guys!! How exciting! We didn't know you have been trying for so long, it's comforting to us because we've been trying! Hopefully soon!
Congrats again and look forward to sharing in your journey via the blogging world! :)
Love,
Jess & Monty
Yiiiiieeeeee! Thanks for sharing. I'm so excited for y'all! What a blessing!
love,
Ashley
Wow! How awesome!Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! :)
Hey Cynthia, off topic but, I answered your question about the Mansfield park movie. It's in the review's comment box.
Hey, how are you feeling? Still good, I hope.
Love ya!
I love the idea of telling the family in the blessing! WISH we would have thought of that. Now I think my only hope is an oops baby somewhere down the road. :)
Post a Comment