He did it! Phil accepted the offer from Springbox and the journey begins! We have a realtor coming over tonight and hope to list our house in the next few days. We've never sold a house before; this should be fun. I've watched enough Designed to Sell to make me go crazy and am in full swing of decluttering our house. Thankfully my sister moved recently and we have access to lots of totes - which are all being packed to the brim, labeled, and stored in our garage. I extremely dislike parking a car outside of the garage. So, having our little Civ sitting out open to the elements is kind of sad to me. But, sorry sweetheart, we need the space.
We have found an apartment in Austin and there is availability, but we are looking into one other complex we might like better, and it is next door to the first one, so all the conveniences still apply. Kind of ugh about apartment living. Lots of pros and cons, but the truth is - we can't afford a house in Austin. At least not the size house we could comfortably live in the rest of our lives. That's the next house we buy - the last one. That's OUR plan at least -
We could always use more boxes though. Who knew our house held so much stuff! Anyone have any boxes we can have??
So on a more emotional note - we just keep looking ahead and know we are in God's will. I will very much miss seeing my mom and sisters so much and my niece and nephew. They have such great personalities and we have loved watching them grow up so closely. My nephew will start kindergarten next year and I wish I could just be closer so we can continue to make lots of fun memories together. I will also miss my grandparents. They were instrumental in my childhood and pretty much co-raised me with my mom. They are both in their mid 80s, and just thinking about them makes me tear up. I'm not ready for them to go to be with the Lord, though I know at some point they will. They are both not in the greatest of health (as is totally normal at their age). That is one of the reasons I don't plan on working when we move. I need the flexibility to come down to Houston on a moment's notice on their behalf.
We will also miss all of our friends. We love that we have such a community here. I don't think we fully realize what it will be like in a town where we know no one. Neither of us have lived like that. I'm kind of glad we don't fully realize how hard it will be - cause then we might be tempted to refuse to follow God's will and choose comfort and safety instead.
Ok ok - can't think anymore about it. One foot in front of the other. Please pray for buyers for our house!
7 comments:
Cynthia,
Mike and I are so excited for you guys! This new adventure is going to bring you guys so close to eachother and really challenge you to relay on God. I can totally see you guys in Austin sitting outside at a coffee house or funky cafe! We are praying for you guys that selling the house and moving go smoothly. Let us know if you guys need help moving, we would love to help!
Cynthia-
Congrats! I'll definitely be praying for you on so many levels. I know exactly what you're going through (twice is enough for me!)and how rough it can be, but so exciting at the same time.
Looking forward to more updates about the move!
ashley
It is definitely a bitter-sweet time and I'm excited for y'all. My advice would probably be that which you probably plan to do anyway- find a church, get connected there, and volunteer if you have the time.
I wish we still had some boxes around here to give you, but we've passed them all onto my parents. I will be praying for God to provide buyers for your home. Congratulations to you both! :)
Congrats Guys! We are super excited for you. We want to help however we can, so LET US KNOW!!! We love you.
Congrats!!
wow, how exciting, (and stressful!) We will miss you guys, but I know you will love your new adventure. Congratulations!
Wow...Austin!! That's so awesome! Tim and I just got back from attending a marriage conference in Austin this past weekend and couldn't help dream about what it would be like to live over there!
We will be praying for you guys! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment