After two grueling days of work, work, work we decided to treat ourselves. We like TGI Fridays, plus the three course meal is back! Phil and I are no strangers to sharing a meal. America is notorious for serving unreasonable large portions of food, which no surprise helps contribute to our obesity problem. So, the three course meal for us is superb.We order our meal, alerting the waitress that we will be sharing, at which point she actually looks up from her pad and says, "You're gonna share?". Yeah, lady, that's a lot of food.
Now - here is exactly what came with our meal - for one - and you decide if one human being should consume this amount of food in one sitting - appetizer: loaded potato skins (6), dinner: sizzling chicken and cheese (2 breasts and two mounds of mashed potatoes), dessert: slice of oreo chocolate cake. We couldn't believe this was intended for one person! We both walked away stuffed.
Now, I know what you are saying - Phil and I are "thin" and therefore can easily share. But, you fail to realize I have the metabolism of a teenage boy and consume my fair share of food to be full. But, I'll give in that I probably don't eat as much as some. Nevertheless, those portions! My statement still stands: we should be cautious about how much we consume as Americans. It is so uncommon to receive such huge portions throughout the world, yet we wonder why people in Europe are generally much healthier than us. Last night, for us, was case in point.
I'll step off my soapbox now...
4 comments:
The look on our faces when those potato skins came out I'm sure was priceless. They sure were tasty and so was that chicken!
I am in complete agreement!
You are so right! Wes and I keep saying that we're going to start sharing, but we always forget once we get to the restaurant and we get greedy. :(
i'm all about sharing! cheaper too!
Post a Comment