Can you please say a prayer that we find a house soon? Our apartment for the past 2 weeks has been surrounded by construction projects - inside the apartments above and beside us and now outside as well. All the hammering, Spanish music and singing, loud shouting, and slamming of truck doors make Ethan wake up. There is no end in sight, as new construction materials were delivered outside our apartment two days ago.I spend most of my days soothing him, or just outright holding him so he can get some rest. This really really isn't good as 6 weeks is a critical time for him to learn how to fall asleep himself and transition in his sleep smoothly. This leaves me exhausted, frazzled, with no dinner on the table and no energy to spend with Phil when he gets home.
I know people raise children in apartments - and with any of the other apartments I have ever lived in, that would be easy. This is THE loudest apartment situation I have ever lived in.
Please join us in praying just the right house will come on the market soon. Thank you!
5 comments:
We ran into similar problems when we lived in an apartment. I don't know if you've tried this, but get a fan that makes noise when it runs...we found a cheap one at Target. It would drown out some of the sound and the noise was soothing at the same time. Just a suggestion.
Thanks Sarah! I actually turned up the volume of his white noise and that DID help! The apt. also said the noise should subside by this Friday...so looking forward to a better weekend!
Jono's white noise is LOUD. Don't be afraid to crank it up!
Cynthia, I would like to challange your comment about you living in the loudest apartment. I believe that my apartment should be declared the loudest apartment. We call the neighbors above us "The Stomps" since they stomp around all day and night long. =)
The right house will come along at the right time.
Oh Karen - so good to know! I'm sorry for you - as I can relate with our college boys above - so it looks like we are in this together...come on homes...where are you??!!
Post a Comment