My previous Sugar Land neighbor and long distance friend Ashley tagged me to share 6 random things about myself. Here I go -
Here are the tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
First, the mommy randomness for Ashley:
1. I am fearful of Ethan getting a flat head from laying on his back. When I lay him down I purposely try to direct his head to one side or the other, but when I go to pick him up later, he is laying facing straight up. Ah! What if he does get a cone head? During the day I'll try putting him down on his tummy or side to sleep, even though I know he will wake up every 45 min. Purely out of vanity I inconvenience myself. (I know what the research says, but hey, we all slept on our tummies and lived to tell about it!)
2. I completely dislike having mountains for boobs. I much prefer my little hills and am looking forward to them returning after breastfeeding is done. I have had to go buy all new tops to accommodate these things that people actually pay thousands of dollars to have permanently.
3. I look forward to the 3 or 4am-ish feeding so I can watch ABC World News Now. The anchors are in their thirties and have engaging personalities and they cover all sorts of headlines, including a bit of entertainment news. I mean, I can only watch HGTV so many times. (And if you wanted to know - the HGTV am shows are generally the replays of the primetime shows from the night before.)
Now for the rest:
4. I really don't know how to swim. Yes, I admit it. I took lessons when I was in elementary, but clearly nothing stuck. Phil was a lifeguard in high school and loves to swim, so every summer we get in an argument about going to the pool. Any pool. I want to just lay out and he wants me to get in the water and actually move. I fully intend to pick up swimming when I take Ethan for swim lessons when he is older. I'm not sure if I will tell Ethan the lessons are for him and mommy!
5. I used to bowl competitively. When I was 9, I placed 2nd or 3rd in the State Bowling Championship Doubles competition with my sister Jenny (I can't remember which place we got). I still have my 8 lb. blue glittered bowling ball with my name engraved on it. You know you're envious.
6. I'm an introvert. Big time. I rarely call people on the phone because I worry I won't have anything to talk about. I feel like I have to call with a purpose or question in mind. I wish I wasn't like this - and am actively trying to change.
Hm, who to tag?
1. Cheryl Carrell - a mommy friend who has two beautiful daughters
2. Gwyneth - cause she is full of wonderful stories
3. Julie A - cause you need a reason to have a more recent post than April 12
4. Christy H - everyone would be blessed to know more about ya
5. Lynnette - updates about your pregnancy would be fun
6. Mel Barosh - I'm missing your wisdom on your blog, but will settle for some funnies!
4 comments:
i love number 2! lol!!! although, careful what you wish for...my girls just ain't what they used to be. i mean, i've always been small, but once i was done breastfeeding we decreased in size and perkiness! :( very sad.
and.i always love to think about you as a bowler. i think we need to see you in action. SOON!
Steph, I've seen her, she has great form.
You can take that as a comment related to her bowling ability or her 2nd random fact. :)
Phil,
That is awful. no no no. I think you are now suspended from commenting on my blog! Get back to work!
Man, Cynthia, I didn't realize I could relate you so much! I too hate having bigger boobies and have considered (momentarily) getting a boob reduction, but I think I'm too scared to actually go through with it. I am also shaky on the whole swimming thing... took the lessons as a kid, can float on my back fine and swim with my head above water- just don't put my head beneath it... I can't do it!!! I'm also an introvert... I'm hoping I don't pass it onto Gregory.
Phil... hilarious!!!
Post a Comment