Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Feeling extremely loved

This weekend we were blessed with two showers for our little Ethan. The first, a perfectly coordinated couples shower with dear friends from Crossbridge. Gosh, how much we miss everyone! I loved looking around the room and having so many wonderful memories flood my memory. I especially enjoyed seeing Phil smile the entire time as he got to see guys he misses so dearly. Because he works full time, he doesn't have as many opportunities as I have to make new friends here. Watching Phil interact with his friends was huge - and seriously would have been enough of a gift for me!

But, of course, my great friends Steph and Erin coordinated a picture perfect shower. The cupcakes in the picture, decorated just like in a Martha Stewart magazine, were made from scratch by Steph!! Wow! When I first saw them, I admired their beauty and was certain they were bought from some expensive bakery, but later found out they were homemade. Impressive! Everything was going beautifully, until the time came to embarrass ourselves.

Phil and I arrived prior to the shower to be video taped answering parenting questions - of course individually and we couldn't hear each other's answers. Here, our guests anxious await the start of the video - what was the funniest to us was we were asked completely different questions, so hearing each other answer was quite funny and really, gave us stuff to talk about on the way home!

Here we are! We would not be the people we are today without the encouragement and sometimes hard accountability of these friends. We certainly would not be as confident in our ability to raise a child, if we hadn't had the privilege of closely watching these two couples raise their little girls. Maybe their next sweet babies will be boys and I can in some small way return the blessings.

Pregnancy is amazing. Phil and I prayed for a year and a half for a baby and God blessed us with Ethan. And now, with people giving us gifts and praying for us - the blessings just overflow in our hearts. It's hard to take in all the love that is being lavished on us. I am on cloud nine this week as I am overwhelmed with God's and people's love for us.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Ah man...sweet post! We love you guys so much. Hope you had a good time at both of your showers and got all the stuff you need for Baby Ethan.

I LOVE that picture of all of us! That's goin' in a frame I think!

Morgan said...

i had a great time too! and who'da'thunk that we would win the game?? :) can't wait to meet baby ethan!