Just learned about this program this morning. Have you heard of it? (Click on the picture for the website.) I was alarmed by the statistic that 4 out of 5 car seats are NOT installed correctly - even if the instructions were followed to a T. I'm going to one of their free clinics next week to have our car seat properly installed. It will take about 30 min, so they can teach me how to do it myself in the future. Our tax dollars at work for a great cause!
3 comments:
wow, that is great!! i am not positive, but i think you can also go to a fire station, and they will help you correctly install your car seat. who knew it would be so easy to get wrong??
ok..so i'm blog stalking and heard that you could take your car seat to a fire station and they could install it for you...so, i asked my firefighter fiance, chris, and he didn't know about this option...so i would suggest calling the fire department (not 911 :) before going.
Yeah, I had heard of the fire fighter option, but when we went online on saturday thinking we would just call a fire station up and ask, we didn't see anything encouraging us to do so. And, we felt super awkward just walking up to a fire station and knocking on the door. I was glad to learn of this program -
Post a Comment