Tuesday, June 24, 2008

38 weeks

One word: heavy! Ethan has now dropped big time - "lightening" they call it. (He's even lower than when this picture was taken a few days ago.) Whoever came up with that name obviously was not pregnant (a man, perhaps?). Ethan is heavier than ever! Only 1 1/2 weeks left...I hope. Our friends have been great! All these new mommies know that if you keep your schedule a bit busy - you'll have things to look forward to and won't focus so much on the big question, "when will it happen?" I have two baby showers this week, a lunch event, and then dinner with friends Saturday night. Of course, I wouldn't mind if he decided to come, but at least I won't be sitting around watching the clock tick away. Now back to my Madeliene Wickham book!

2 comments:

monique said...

We can't wait either. There truly is nothing more precious than the first moment you hold your newborn baby. I'll be praying that your sweet heart can just take it all in and treasure it forever.

Steph said...

YOu're beautiful! I can't wait for little Ethan to arrive! And I can't wait to see you in real life!

Can I just tell you, that lately when I see a little baby, I literally have to stop myself from asking the stranger if I can hold their baby. So I am super happy that Ethan is almost here...I'm dying to hold him!

I'm sure you are too! :)