Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good morning, AAA

This morning started out promising. We woke up before the alarm, were ready with plenty of time to spare, and as we were making our coffee we realized we were out of creamer. No biggie, we used soy milk and gave it a splash of chocolate syrup and then told each other - think coffee like the hostels in Europe - and quickly drank it. Ok, not too bad a start.

Then, Phil leaves to drive to the park-n-ride to catch the bus, and immediately comes running back in, drops his things and says, "you have a flat tire!!". He looks so panic stricken, until I calmly remind him we have AAA and I'll just give them a call. Relief washed over his face. I think he was about to change my tire and be super late to work. Love my husband, but he can be so forgetful sometimes! :)

So, here I am waiting for AAA to arrive to help this pregnant mama out. We had let our AAA membership expire, and I wasn't concerned until we moved and now make lots of road trips. Also, as I became more pregnant I realized I was becoming afraid of driving in the car by myself - not to mention if I had a little one in the back. Thankfully, AAA had continued to woo us and offered us a deal we couldn't pass up. So, here I am using them for a second time in 3 months.

No worries, at least now I have a legitimate excuse to go to Costco and browse for a bit while I get a new tire. Hmm, guess I should go ahead and install a car base for Ethan's car seat in both of our cars, just in case this sight greets us right before we head to the birthing center. I'll add that to my list!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think that I looked THAT panic stricken! :) I did forget about AAA though and I will consent to the wash of relief that came over my face.