

Sunday my sisters and mom threw me a very girley family shower at La Madeline. I love my family. All the women are loud, talkative, and love to eat. We were treated to fruit salad, and a sampling of La Madeline desserts, none of which I had ever splurged on before, along with coffee and tea. My favorites ended up being the fruit tart, strawberry napoleon, and this rich chocolate cake (sacher torte). Yes, I had a piece of each! It was refreshing on such a hot afternoon.
My niece Paige was extremely helpful in opening the presents. Seriously, I couldn't have done it without her. She was more than happy to deliver gifts to me, pick up trash from the floor, and hand gifts to her Aunt Kristina. She kept patting my tummy and saying, "here's baby Ethan." Sweet girl.

And, this is one of my favorite pictures. Not that I look that great in it, I mean - sloucher!! This is my great aunt (my grandma's sister) Merlene. I have always been close to all my relatives, her especially. She is so extremely opinionated - I might get that from her a bit. She refuses to go to showers because she says they are boring, but look - she came to mine! This was
huge and I had to capture the memory! She made it a point to remind me that she would not do this for just anyone. Love her!
Sunday and Monday night Phil and I organized his gifts, put things away, washed the clothes, and continued to set up his room. I bought some baskets on Monday for his changing table and now am in the process of packing my bag for the birth. I know I am super early, but I've got the time and the energy now. I might attempt to make basket liners, but somehow the sewing machine and my new clumsiness are not cooperating together and I am ending up in tears every time I sit to sew. We'll see.
2 comments:
It looks like you got the same Tiny Love gym that Gregory has. He loves it! He just started playing with the toys that hang, about a month ago and yesterday he finally noticed that there's a bottom and enjoys the sounds the elephant ear and butterfly make. :D
That's good to know. I am a bit concerned about all the stuff we have - like is it too much?? Will he adequately play with it - enough to warrant its $40 price tag? I sure do hope so - and hopefully he will engage with it as much as Gregory has!
Post a Comment