
Thanks so much to Casey B for posting a picture of a nursery design we both completely agreed on! You can see the original ideas
here and
here and compare it with our version. His changing table is awaiting a changing pad and cover and baskets. Here is an upclose shot of the mobile Phil made for him. Just so you can somewhat appreciate the creativity involved - Phil took original images of planes he found online, recreated them in drawings in illustrator, and then sized them accordingly. He put them on thin cardboard, cut them out, scoured comic pages to find just the right colors and mod podged the comics on each piece. Then he assembled the mobile. You bet we are keeping this OUT of Ethan's reach! I think it looks amazing.

And this 1950s game board, that is resting on the dresser, will eventually be hung above his bed. That's a project I'll tackle tomorrow.

I'm really liking how clean, neat and simple his room looks. I even found a swing on craigslist (of course!) that matches his room - brown and blue fabric. Everything is really coming together. Good timing too!
8 comments:
Ooo...thanks for the pics Cynthia! I LOVE the mobile...Phil, that's amazing! And the game board...precious idea! I love it!
And I'm glad you're happy with it! :)
Hi Cynthia!
I love the nursery! I think ,my favorite thing is all the different color "E's" it really gives it a modern feel. The mobile is awesome too. I showed it to Mike and he pointed out the "mustang P-51" as being his favorite plane, way to go Phil!
I love it! It fits you guys so well. Thanks for posting this.
Good job! It looks so fun and cheery! I like the game board idea, too! very creative!
oh my goodness, this is the cutest thing ever! I love the E's, and right when I saw it, I thought for a minute it WAS that other room!! And you guys did great on the airplane mobile. And the board game as art is a great idea!!! great job!!
The room turned out so cute! I am very impressed with the mobile! I agree with some of the others that the different color "E's" are my favortie! So cute!
Too Cute! Isn't it so much fun getting ready for baby! :)
the nursery looks awesome! very cute! you guys are such great parents already! :)
Post a Comment