Friday, May 23, 2008

The Weekend Ahead

I really enjoy holiday weekends, especially 3 day weekends with Phil. Out of my love and devotion to him I will happily go see the new Indiana Jones movie on Saturday. But first, Phil and I will drive to Bastrop to eat at a cozy, local diner called Maxine's. It is known for its incredible homecooked breakfasts and great coffee. Mmm. We are going to Bastrop primarily though to buy a HUGE lot of BumGenius cloth diapers I scored off of Craigslist! I got such a STEAL - but the catch was I had to drive an hour to Bastrop. No biggie when a hometown diner awaits!

Monday we are going to attend our Sunday School class' picnic in a park - located in the neighborhood we hope to buy a house in the near future. It is a *vacation* to leave the concrete paradise of our apartment and be surrounded by trees, houses, and community. Looking forward to it!

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Dunn...da.da.daaaa........dunn..da.daaaa!"

Steph said...

Funny, Phil. Funny!

Anyways, that sounds like a great weekend to me! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
You are such a good wife! I told Monty he could:
1. See that movie alone
2. See it with a friend

But one thing for sure, I will not be seeing it with him! My philosophy about Indiana Jones is, you've seen one, you've seen them all!

Coffman Family said...

Oh Jess! It was actually quite entertaining! I kept telling myself before hand: adding to his love bank, adding to his love bank... :)