I finished the Soloist two nights ago and put yet another book down feeling a twinge of conviction. What did God bring to mind this time? This post. How completely ignorant I was of the true plight of so many homeless people. How selfish and haughty of me. My stomach ached just recalling it. I appreciate God's gentleness with me. He knows I'll take that and be pretty hard on myself till I learn the lesson.
I'm sure not everyone walks away from books convicted about something. I'm such a thinker. I can't help but internally process every thing I see or read. That's one reason I really monitor what I allow to enter into my eyes and ears. Things stick with me.
Well, I would say I'm on to more light hearted reading, but the first book in the Shopaholic series is no where to be found in my book box, so I'm waiting to get it from the library. The next book up is Dare to Discipline by James Dobson. Fun. At least I've got some magazines and that quiet book to add some lightheartedness.
No comments:
Post a Comment