Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He's 1!

Our big boy is one! We traveled to Houston to celebrate on the fourth with a swim party at Phil's parent's house. It was so super duper fun and hot. We had forgotten how sticky, thick the Houston heat is. I made chocolate cupcakes with a homemade butter cream frosting. Ethan had never had a cupcake before and was a little perplexed by the site of it and people singing a weird song really loud. He made a face right up until the food registered in his mouth and then he ate the whole thing. Good boy!Ethan really enjoyed himself in the pool, which was a huge answer to prayer because he has steadily been not liking the pool here. I think he really enjoyed watching the other kids splashing around. Phil and I don't exactly exert that kind of energy at our pool.

We were blessed with the presence of so many friends and their children. It was heart warming to look around and see how far we've come, from singleness, to marriage, and now kids. I absolutely love growing older with Phil, watching Ethan get older, and I'm really looking forward to turning 30 in a few weeks. I don't feel like I'm 30, but I love the idea of it.

5 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Happy birthday Eathan! Lane will be there soon!

The Wilcoxson's said...

happy birthday! I hope and pray that our children will grow up together and be friends!

casey said...

happy birthday ethan! where does he get that blond hair? sounds like a great party...

cheryl said...

Love the cupcake pic! Happy b-day Ethan.

Katie K said...

Happy birthday Ethan! And happy almost birthday Cynthia! I'm with you girl, I turn 30 in just about a month and I think it's going to be a good year.