Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our must haves now

The #1 choice daily is the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn House. When he became super active at 10 months I was searching for just the right toys to keep him and me occupied. This toy has far surpassed my expectations. I was hoping for a good 30 min. total a day of playtime. In reality, E plays at least 2 hours off and on with this toy every single day. We do rotate out his other toys, but this one he never tires of. It amazes me. And, strangely enough, I don't get tired of it either. He loves playing peek-a-boo through the window or the mail box, pulling to standing on it, or spinning the moon. I get a kick out of me knocking on the door and him letting me in. We've had it for 3 months now and it is still going strong. Of course I got it off Craigslist, so it was worth every penny.He looks less than thrilled with this photo, but he really loves this Fisher Price toy. It doesn't get as much play time as the other, but boy is it fun to dance dance dance when the music starts! It's been also a great standing toy, working on balance as he leans down to retrieve the balls. Another Craigslist buy, so at $10 it was a steal.
Of course a Little People toy makes the list. This farm house is so simple, yet we play easily an hour a day with all the animals and putting them in their little rooms and learning their sounds. Can you tell he loves peek-a-boo?

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

I love Craigslist!! I scored a crib for Catherine a couple of months ago for 30$ with the mattress and it was a nice one too. I also got a doorway jumper for 10$. It's the best place to find stuff cheap that you don't have to bid on like ebay.

monique said...

Ethan just can't get any cuter, can he? We too have the Fisher Price house. The great news - the 4 year old still plays with it. I don't know what my living room would look like without it sitting in the corner.

Erin said...

Hazel and Charlie had a ball playing with their cousins' Little People farm last weekend. I think one of those needs to go on the Christmas list! Mine are over their Laugh and Learn kitchen. They are really into cars and balls, though. Aren't toy trends funny? I love seeing new favorites develop.

Carters said...

We totally agree about the Laugh and Learn home. I only wish we had purchased it sooner for Caleb. He got it on his first birthday. He played with it all the time and he and Ella still do...at 3 1/2 and 2. We also bought it used...perfectly fine!