Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My tribute to Michael and a new craft

Since my mind is now flooded with everyone who is anyone in showbiz's stories about Michael Jackson, I thought I'd share my own.

In elementary school there was this girl who bullied me. Not surprising, considering I was the scrawniest little thing (chickens had bigger legs than me), braces, funky frizzed hair, and a big mouth to boot. Shocking, huh? :) One day at lunch I was so sick of this girl picking on me, I decided to take action. I knew she loved Michael Jackson, and quite honestly who didn't, so I said very boldly, "Michael Jackson sucks." She punched me. She also stole my super cool purple Members Only jacket.

Does it help that she was George Foreman's sister-in-law? That's a whole other story in itself. I'll shelf that.

And, if you're wondering, I really didn't think Michael Jackson sucked.

Moving along....

I'm working a new sewing project! I've been looking for something I can pick up every now and then and feel productive and creative without bringing this huge production in our dining room. And usually I only have about 30 min. a night to devote to it. I found the perfect craft that I should have finished just in time for our flight to Calgary in November. It could potentially take me that long - but that's ok. It's a labor of love and hopefully something that can be passed to grandchildren. It's a Quiet Book. Have you heard of it? Here's the blog I'll be looking to for ideas.

I'll post pictures as I complete pages!

4 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

That is such a great idea! I have been looking at those quiet book in the stores and love them, but they're SO expensive!! If I had the least little sewing gene I would so copy you. :(

cheryl said...

So fun. I have some really cool quite books that my mom has made. You're welcome to look at them for ideas as well. One was mine as a kid and one she made for the girls.

Katie said...

I had one of these growing up. Still have it actually... you can tell it was loved :) Good luck!

Carters said...

I had one of these when I was growing up. My mom still has it although it is falling apart by now. I was looking at the website you listed and one of the pages she has was just like what I had - the tepee page! Would love to see yours when you are done.

My mom bought some for my kids about a year ago, since I can't sew. They are great for car trips.