Friday, February 1, 2008

Hello Creativity!

For my exercise class I have to take a 45 min. walk every weekend. Last weekend Phil and I walked around a well known neighborhood called Hyde Park. It was first built in 1891 and of course named after the famous Hyde Park in London. They have a neighborhood grocer and coffee shop and we marveled at this bit of creativity on the side of the grocer:
And, as an update. With my in-laws coming this weekend, I was more inspired to put away those final messes and finish up some decorating and I am proud to present our apartment:
If you had been to our SL house, you notice that is a "new" dining room set to the left. We gladly traded our antique dining room table for a curbside find my sister-in-law painted. I quickly learned that caring for antiques that get daily use is not a priority for me and with a little one on the way, I really wanted a table that didn't require more care than a newborn. I love this set, and plan on painting it black when we get a house.
And this is just one of the gastronomical stops this weekend with my in-laws. Baby really likes comfort food and a big juicy burger with fries sound good. I also read that babies taste buds are already developing and the more diverse foods I eat, the more our baby will like them when it is time for them to eat. So, tomorrow we are going to have some Middle Eastern food at Kismet Cafe near UT (gyros, hummus, greek salad, mmmm) and then Outback for dinner. Baby needs a steak and a bloomin' onion! And of course, I'll eat my vegetables too...

3 comments:

Morgan said...

cute apartment!! (nice couches, too!)

Erin said...

mmmm! Shady Grove is one of my favorites! Did anyone have the queso catfish? 'Cause it's the best!

Melanie said...

Apartment looks great! I love the floors! They are sooo much easier to keep clean! :)