Thursday, February 28, 2008

Change we can believe in

Austin is so vibrant. Last night while taking my Wednesday UT walk with the pregnant mommies we walked straight through the Clinton rally, led by Bill Clinton, being held on campus. I couldn't believe it!!

Then, today, with nothing else on my plate, I decided to attend the Barack Obama Town Hall meeting this morning. When I walked in, I headed towards the bleachers, like everyone else,
when a volunteer stopped me and said, "I've got a spot for you in the bleachers behind Obama." What??!! I was escorted, I guess based on some predetermined stereotype they were looking for, to a cozy spot on the bleachers behind the podium! I was thrilled. Maybe it was my pregnant belly that caught their attention....Here are the bleachers I got to sit in. My seat was five rows up on the far left side - against the railing. Which allowed me to get these pictures:It was inspiring and encouraging to hear him speak in person. I have been researching the candidates who are left in the race and their stand on issues that are close to my heart and have decided to throw my vote in for Obama. While I don't agree with him on EVERY point - I agree with a recent quote I read in the Austin-American Stateman in an article about evangelistic views on the race. One contributor said - "No candidate or party can really save anyone. We're counting on one guy to do that, and he's not up for president this year."

I ended the morning by having lunch with Phil:
And waited for the bus that would whisk me back to our apartment.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That's awesome Cynthia! I would love to have been there.

And that IS a great quote!

Phil said...

I'm already craving Which Wich again.

Catherine Haskew said...

Very cool Cynthia! We went to an Obama rally a few weeks ago and had the best time! I am loving getting involved in this election!