Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Forget the Butterflies

Butterflies in my stomach, that is so 2 weeks ago. Now Jack is full fledged kicking me! He must have Phil's strong legs because my little chicken legs would not be causing this much activity! Phil has tried to feel the moving for himself, but to no avail. Today at Bible study I had my little bible open and resting on my stomach and I swear I saw it jump when Jack kicked me. He usually likes to kick things off my belly. A little territorial don't you think?

I can't wait for Phil to be able to feel Jack moving. He said the sweetest thing to me last night - how he is jealous that I get to spend so much time with Jack all day. That touched my heart.

So for now, Jack's constant acrobatics are not keeping me up at night, but I know the day is coming! And, tonight we are working on Jack's room, so I can post some preliminary pictures when we get things moved around. We stupidly put our big white chair in the guest room when we moved in and now we NEED the space and there isn't a truck in sight. We're hoping a neighbor we met will help us move the chair to storage (using his massive SUV) or that a family member will be coming through soon that could do the same. That chair is becoming the thorn in my side!

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

It's awesome when you feel them kick for the longest time I just thought it was tummy troubles but then he really kicked and it was so cool!

Steph said...

Yes, I love that feeling. Luckily it never got too painful, like kicking ribs or anything, so I'll pray Jack is mindful of his strength inside his sweet mamma!

Can't wait for nursery pics!

Casi Howard said...

Cynthia! I am so excited for you and your sweet baby Jack! I wish that you guys still lived in Sugarland so we could hang out. I bet your son is going to be so handsome and sweet. Congratulations!