I realized that I'll leave posts hanging sometimes, so for whatever reason, I felt like I wanted to tie up some loose ends. Oh, who am I kidding? I so type A, I can't leave loose ends!
1) The dog shaped fungus on the bottom of the tree reminded me of Sirius Black in Harry Potter where he takes on the animagus form of a black dog. And yes, I did go see the new Harry Potter and it is definitely not for children, but really really good.
2) I did apply to volunteer at Caritas to help the refugees in Austin. The time commitment is more than I can give right now and some of the meetings would happen during the day with no child care provided. I'm going to wait until I feel comfortable putting Ethan in Mother's Day Out and then I'll reassess.
3) I didn't finish Dare to Discipline. I understand there is an updated version that I think I'll have to pick up. The original kept referring back to 'their parent's in the 50s' and that just wasn't when my mom started parenting (she was just being born), so the examples and parallels were confusing and hard to place relevance for today. I'm sure if I put more thought into it I could utilize the book, but I really don't have the energy at the end of the day to do that much mental work. I'd rather read it for what I was wanting to learn - sound Bible based discipline for Ethan. We've got other recommendations from our mentor couples that we'll pick up.
4) I'm still working on his quiet book. I've got two pages done, but since I didn't realize I had a zipper foot (I can hear the gasps already) one page turned out eh and the other is a basic weave pattern, so nothing exciting. I'll wait and post pictures when I can include the more creative pages Phil helped me collaborate on. Having a designing husband can be such a blessing and curse! :)
I think that tidies things up a bit. I'll have to post pictures of our weekend downstairs bathroom redo. Huge difference. Huge.
Ah, now I can sit back and finish my Sunday paper with a cup of hot chocolate and call it day. It's funny how these things weigh on my mind! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment