Today, along with some fellow blogging friends, we are celebrating the upcoming birth of a beautiful baby boy to proud parents Ashley and Patrick. Ashley lived in Sugar Land for such a short time, but I had the privilege of studying God's word with her and catching some of her infectious love for the Lord. Her smiling face and amazing ability to recall God's promises at a second's notice has always stuck with me.
Now she is nearing the end of her pregnancy and will soon be meeting a little man of her own. I think of the ways she is going to bless that little boy:
1) He will always be well fed with the most wholesome of ingredients and will always remember the smell of something fresh baked in the oven.
2) He will know beyond a doubt that his mommy loves Jesus.
3) He will be forced to smile all day every day just to keep up with hers!
4) He will be cultivated to be a strong man for God.
5) He will always make a friend wherever he goes.
Sweet Benjamin could not ask for a better mommy. I'm so thankful Ashley and Patrick had the patience to endure while God crafted just the right boy for them.
The truth that has helped me as a new mommy is during the certain days and nights of crying that lie ahead is to praise God for their gift, even as you cry alongside him. The first three months, dare I say, were horrible! Many times of laughter and fun, but for us, more tears than smiles. Everyday I know, though, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 Praise Jesus, He does.
Congratulations Ash!
1 comment:
Great post! Man, I think I'm enjoying reading these posts almost as much as Ashley's going to!
Thanks, C!
Post a Comment