I know to make a study more real to me I need to talk about it. Instead of just journaling about it, I think I'll do a blog journal as I read through this book. I'd love your input if you've read this book or if you feel like you want to pick it up and follow along, that would be fun too!
The first chapter is titled, "On Holy Ground". The premise is just as God told Moses to take off his sandals before he approached the burning bush because he was on holy ground, our home is our holy ground and we should approach it with reverence and care. What has stuck with me the most is my home is a sanctuary for my family. The place where Ethan will learn the character of God by watching us and Phil will find rest and refreshment. Where Phil and I will raise the next generation who will bring about change in our world. Wow.
I've just been sitting with those thoughts. I want Ethan to see me taking care of what God has blessed us with. (Thus I canceled the cleaning service, though I am certainly not judging anyone who has one. Personally, the service isn't right for me.) Cleaning, organizing, pairing down so I'm not wasting time managing lots of stuff. Choosing to freeze the decorating 'need' so more of our money can go to things that further God's kingdom. I'm wanting to turn a corner here. Please pray that I do.
4 comments:
Proud of you honey!
This is a great idea! I have a friend who blogs about the books she reads, and it always inspires me to pick up a copy! It may sit on the nightstand for a few months, but I do eventually get to it. :)
Thats great Cynthia. You are one awesome lady. I am blessed to be your friend.
What I great idea. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Post a Comment