Tuesday, September 16, 2008

House Hunters

Hooray! We think our house hunting is over. A house came on the market last Friday and we viewed it Saturday morning. (Very strange to do so, considering we couldn't get in touch with our families to even talk about the house due to Hurricane Ike.) We've been looking for months, so when we stepped inside this house we instantly knew. It is really nothing like the house we thought we would buy.

The neighborhood is called Milwood, and it's slightly northeast of where we currently live in the Arboretum. It was not the neighborhood I was really wanting because I thought it didn't offer the same amenities and convenience that the other neighborhood, Wells Branch, did. God proved me wrong, oh so wrong.

To get to this house you drive right be a huge neighborhood park, swimming pool complete with brand new bathhouse, tennis courts, and a little jogging trail. Easy walking distance - about two blocks. If you walk the other direction from the house, the elementary is there. Exactly what I had been praying for. I knew I needed free activites for Ethan and I for the next 5 years, and every summer thereafter, and I have always wanted to walk him to and from school. I think that could be such a special time.

Of course I like it too - and we currently have a bid on it - and are more than positive we will get it. I'll post pictures as soon as I know if it is ours. I was surprised at how generally unemotional buying our second house has been for me. I've been looking at the houses very objectively: 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, check. Decent kitchen, check. Double vanity in master bath, check. Lots of windows, check. Decent backyard, check. Proximity to park and elementary, check. Majority of wants checked off, ok, this is the house.

Hopefully I can post later today about whether it is ours or not. But, if it's not meant to be, I know God has another house with everything on my checklist (or at least the important stuff).

2 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome (hopefully) to the Millwood club! Is that PS elementary?

Erin said...

Yea!