Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First trip to Houston

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Houston. Ethan usually screams his head off on car rides around town, but did absolutely beautifully on the trip down to Houston. We learned it is the stopping and starting that he doesn't like. We stayed at my sister's in Cy-Fair. That's my nephew Chase playing with Ethan. He was moving his fingers in front of his face. We don't know how he came up with that - he just started doing it and Ethan just laughed and laughed.

My sister Melonie took some family photos of us. They really turned out great. This is one of my favorites.

Here is Ethan with his cousins. This was their favorite thing to do every morning - they couldn't wait for him to wake up and take turns holding him. Ethan was very obliging.

We visited with the Cutshalls and Ceases on Saturday night and the Wallaces on Sunday morning. It was good and hard - I just had always thought when we did have children, I would get to hang out with all of them more. Have play dates and go to church together. I am learning to enjoy our new long distance relationship and savor the times when we are together.

And, the finale was a pool party at Phil's parent's house Sunday night. My family was there too and we enjoyed a great cookout. We really miss grilling!!
My grandparents had never seen Ethan before and I was anxious to get a picture of them holding him at their house - in their recliners, how I will always remember them. Sadly, my Papa went into the hospital on Thursday and we weren't able to see him until Sunday. They stayed with my aunt and uncle for a few days in case Hurricane Gustav hit Houston. That's my uncle Jimmy holding Ethan. I really hope we can get a picture of my grandpa holding him. He had just gotten out of the hospital the night before, so he was too weak to hold him.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Glad you got to visit everyone! Looks like you had fun!

Melissa said...

These pictures are great! I love all the rolls he has. I kept hoping Gregory would get some big fat baby rolls, but it's not really happened. :P