Thursday, January 24, 2008

Me and Rach and Martha

I love Rachael Ray. I try to never miss her day time show, and I still also try to catch a 30 min. meal when I can. Being a housewife right now has given me plenty of time to experiment with recipes and learn that I like to cook and I'm pretty good at it! I am also learning the joy of freezing leftovers and man, that has saved us a ton of time and money, especially on nights when I have my exercise class. Here are some Rachael Ray meals I have made and had huge success (meaning they were easy, I enjoyed making them and Phil really enjoyed eating them.)

1) Dinner-size Chili Cheese Fries with salad
2) Meatloaf Muffins with Barbecue Sauce with smashed potatoes with cream cheese
3) Fastest Chicken and Biscuits

I also take cues from her homemade salad dressings and side dishes. I have always said I will never cook a meal that takes longer than 30 min. and she helps me stay true to my word.

Then there is Martha. I enjoy how haughty she is about her wealth. I mean, she was showing one of her properties the other day all covered in snow and was like, "this is the summer house, the stables, the drive around the property" and on another show she showed her 1300 square foot completely remodeled kitchen. Gotta love a lady who is proud of herself. Anyway, she has some interested crafts and sometimes easy meals - and so I made some Grapefruit Tea I saw on the show. It is now my favorite tea.

Phil's parents have a HUGE grapefruit tree in their backyard. Last year they harvested over 600 grapefruit! No kidding. This year was a "measly" 90+ so I have had plenty of perfectly sweet and tangy grapefruit to enjoy.

5 comments:

Phil said...

All of those recipes that we've tried so far have been amazing. I think my personal favorite were the chili cheese fries. Not as "unhealthy" as you may think and they were stinkin tasty!!

Lynnette said...

I used to watch the Rachel Ray show all the time. But they switched time slots so I don't catch it very often anymore. I love the 30min cooking segments. It always makes me freaking hungry!!!

Steph said...

I'm glad someone is successful in the kitchen these days! :)

Melissa said...

We love her Cowboy Spaghetti- tasty!

Jen said...

girl those chili cheese fries are awesome!!! I made them the night I saw that episode! Bobby and I looked at eachother with wide eyes and said, "we gotta try that for dinner!" and it did not disappoint!