Monday, January 14, 2008

Butterflies in my stomach

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and am really feeling it! I hope to post a picture soon of my expanding waistline. At first I was so freaked out because I can't hold my stomach in. It is just THERE. I have relaxed about that as Phil always reminds me that I am not growing fat, but growing pregnant. Why do I need to hear that daily?

Here's the great part - I can feel the baby moving!! Right now it is called Quickening and I try to explain it the best I can to Phil. It just feels like butterflies fluttering - in there. It is the coolest feeling. I'm still a little freaked out about eventually seeing a "bump" visibly on my stomach as a bigger baby inside kicks or hits me. The fact that Phil really really is excited about seeing that makes it more bearable, but I'm gonna get freaked out at first. A little.

I am also starting to talk to the baby. At times I feel looney being in this apartment by myself all day and talking audibly, but it's just one more fun thing I get to do to connect with our little one. I am so in wonder and awe about this whole pregnancy thing and how God designed the process.

8 comments:

Phil said...

I'm with you on this babe, it's such an awesome and worshipful thing to experience! You're doing an amazing job!

Steph said...

Precious, precious! I can't wait to see your beautiful tummy! Ooh...I need to know...are you a "you may touch my tummy person" or a "you may not touch my tummy person?" Just asking ahead, cause without a doubt I'm gonna go right for it, unless instructed not to. :)

Erin said...

And she loves to hear you, too! (Yeah, for some reason, I think it's a girl...)

Anonymous said...

Awww!! I love reading about your pregnancy journey! Keep us informed, it is such an amazing thing! I sincerely believe being a mom is the highest of callings for a woman! You are blessed! :)

Coffman Family said...

I don't know if I like my tummy rubbed or not. I think when it gets bigger I won't mind so much, but my youngest sister went for it over the holidays, and considering it wasn't even that big, it just felt too awkward. So I proclaimed Hands Off! When I feel like someone would be actually touching the baby and not my hefty layer of fat, I'll probably be ok with it. I guess you'll have to just ask first! :)

And Erin, you are the ONLY one I know who thinks it is a girl. Everyone in my family and Phil's thinks it's a boy. I don't have any thoughts either way. Feb. 5 is the big day to find out!

Melanie said...

Let the fun begin! Isn't amazing to feel life moving and growing inside you! I can't believe people don't believe in God...blows my mind! Just wait until your 8th and 9th month when you see elows rippling across your stomach...pretty cool! :)

Jen said...

mels comment about "just wait til the 8 or 9th month" makes me laugh....

Its such an awesome deal to feel your little one wiggling and sqirming...

and just wait til the 8 or 9th month when your ribs are bruised from the inside and you have dreams that there's an alien in your belly thats breaking out! hehe. btw, don't watch alien.

Melissa said...

It is an amazing feeling and journey. Enjoy spending quality time with your little one. I used to sing to Gregory almost daily.