Things I have discovered I greatly enjoy about being an Austinite:
1) The weather. It is a beautiful gray day today with misty showers. This is only the third day of rain we have had since moving up here after Thanksgiving. Love the drier weather!
2) When I take walks, there is natural scenery. I get stunning views of hills and mansions on the horizons.
3) Eating out possibilities are endless. This has been especially helpful as we explore Austin and end up on the other side of town starving.
4) Phil loving his job and coming home every day focused on us and our future not "what's next" in his career.
5) My exercise class. The ladies are so friendly and caring and very quick to point out my growing belly. The Dr. couldn't be more genuine and kind, even when he is pushing us to work out.
6) I can look like total poo when I go run errands and somehow I just blend in with everyone else.
7) Learning to enjoy being a housewife. I realized this is the last time in my life I will be in this situation and I have decided to savor it.
8) Wonderful Craigslist. All the stuff I had been eyeing at the stores available for cheap, and with how small Austin is, very easy to meet up and buy.
9) Finally feeling like this is where we are supposed to be. All the pieces haven't fallen in to place, but we have a peace like we have never felt before.
10) Did I mention the food?!
1 comment:
i am so glad y'all like austin!! rob and i love it too. we visit often since his siblings live there, so i'm sure we will do lunch again!!
Post a Comment