Monday, March 17, 2008

Ta Da - so far

Pictures of the nursery in progress.
We were completely sold on painting the dresser orange until 1) we found out we would have to buy a gallon of the paint 2) decided the dresser isn't exactly "boyish" and therefore we wouldn't keep it in his room once he moved into his big boy room. So, we went with something that could be used more long term...a guest room perhaps. Turns out I have tons of red stuff in our house, I didn't realize how much I love and decorate with red! And painting the rocker red seemed like a very classic choice. We have a super comfy glider that is now perched in our living room, and is my daily retreat at the end of the day.

In the photo you can see the nursing cover I made (thanks Morgan!) and also a carry-all tote which I will use when we make road trips and maybe eventually as a super quick trip diaper bag. On the dresser are the shoes I made him.The nursery is far from done. I have decided to take a break from decorating because I have found out that being pregnant makes me extremely emotional on such issues as the perfect fabric for our son, at times to the point of tears! Yes, me, crying over which fabric is the best choice to compliment the color scheme. Get a grip! So, I'll revisit the nursery decor in a few weeks.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hey...I get like that and I'm not even pregnant! :) I totally understand.

Every thing looks great! I LOVE the red rocker and the tote you made...so cute!

Erin said...

I, too, LOVE the red! Who doesn't?!

Diego Armendariz said...

Those shoes are freakin' awesome! Can you make some in a men's 13?

Coffman Family said...

Oh they would look so good on you, Diego - I'll get right to work!