Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sugar Land, Humble, Louisiana, and back

Our trips to Houston are becoming whirlwind adventures. So many people we want to see and very little time to do it all. Friday morning we drove in and immediately split up to lunch with separate people. Finally I got to take my first pregnant picture with Erin W! With our baby's due roughly around the same time, I know our opportunities to get together are diminishing. This is definitely the calm before the storm.

After lunch, we visited Diana, Jimena, and Janet. I hadn't seen or held that sweet baby yet!Next, this hungry momma needed to get fed. Phil's parents had a fish fry that evening. His dad makes the best fried catfish, onion rings, and hush puppies. Mmm, Ethan loves fried anything...
The whole Coffman family gathered and we got to spend time with Molly and Chloe. Chloe is becoming quite the talker and very affectionate, telling us over and over that we were her best friends and that she loves us. We couldn't help but cover her with kisses and hugs. Here is sweet Molly.
In the course of the evening, I was in the kitchen with Debby and Ange and Chloe walked in and looked at my stomach and in complete shock said, "What is HAPPENING?!". Love how kids can get away with saying that stuff!

Saturday morning we left before sunrise to go to my mom's house in Humble so we could go to Louisiana to get our taxes done. Yes, we drive all the way to Lake Charles (slightly north, actually, to a town called Ragley). It is a gorgeous drive and the lady we see is incredibly nice, super cheap and used to work for the IRS and uses their software to do our taxes. I love road trips, so the three hour drive each way was fun. On our way there, my mom bought some scratch off lottery tickets in LA to give to the accountant, and picked up a few for ourselves. She and Phil won:Easter morning we went to my sister Melonie's house for lunch. My family cooks big, home cookin' meals, complete with way too many leftovers. So good. After stuffing ourselves - we enjoyed watching Chase's newest accomplishment. He is 4 1/2 and I don't remember learning to ride a bike when I was that young. I was completely impressed!

We had one more stop to make to see the Cease's in Brenham. I can't believe I hadn't seen them in months! I'm still adjusting to living life so far from so many dear friends. It was wonderful to give Steph a hug and chat in person. Friendships just aren't the same without the face time. Gosh I miss hanging out with her (and Erin C).

It was the perfect way for us to end our weekend.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I am so glad you guys stopped by. It really was such a blessing to me on that crazy day!

We love you guys! Casey was bummed he missed you!

See you soon...we WILL NOT go months without seeing each other again! :)

Steph said...

Oh, and Jimena! SO CUTE! That's my first time to see her or Diana since she was born. Thanks for the pic!

Erin said...

Does sound like a whirlwind! Is that change in Phil's hand? I couldn't tell. Man, your winnings along with that hefty tax return and you could be dangerous!

Phil said...

No that was me making the "money, money, money" finger-rubbing sign illustrating that we had hit the big-time. My mother-in-law won $11 and I won another ticket, which turned out to be a dud.