Right now I am blogging from our state's capital. Phil is in his interview and after spending 2 hours at the public library downtown, eating delicious corn and poblano chowder by myself at the Whole Foods Market, and now 2 hours later at The Book People bookstore, I am anxiously awaiting Phil's phone call that the interview is over.
I have been praying for him throughout the morning and now I just can't wait to hear how everything went.
We spent Saturday driving around Austin, getting a feel for the city, and falling in love with Northwest Austin, specifically The Arboretum. We found an apartment complex that reminds us so much of our first apartment and have decided that if we do move, that will be our home. It is awesome. It is in walking distance to the outdoor shops - GAP, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, Starbucks, tons of restaurants, and a little hike to the HEB. Really, on a gorgeous day, I could walk for miles.
Sunday we went to Hill Country Bible Church NW. We enjoyed it very much and hope to return to continue to see if that is our next church home. The teaching was really solid - they were starting a new study on Ruth. Ruth?! When was the last time I studied Ruth?! It was in-depth and applicable. We have never been to a Bible church before and were pleasantly surprised. Then, Phil had this great idea to take a drive through the country and have lunch at the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. The canyon views are just spectacular. So many times it reminded us of Colorado.
That evening we drove to Southwest Austin to look at more apartments, but quickly realized that Northwest Austin is where we would want to call home. We drove out to the County Line BBQ on the Lake and gorged ourselves with the best barbeque we have ever had. Mmmm I could get used to that.
And, here I am now. It is 3pm and Phil should be calling any minute now. We should know something by the end of the week - THE END OF THE WEEK! Ahhhhh - is this really happening?!!
3 comments:
we were in austin too this weekend!! i love austin, rob and i would also move there if we had an opportunity. good luck you two!
Hey,
I'm glad your trip is going well. I am so anxious to hear!!!!! I probably can't wait until the next blog, so I'll probably call you. It will be so fun to make trips to Austin to see our friends the Coffmans!!!
How exciting! It sounds like you had a great day by yourself and I'm sure you'd love to have been on speaker phone during the interview. I am also anxiously awaiting the news! :D
Post a Comment