Some of you might know that we are looking to move to Austin. For the past few years God has been cultivating so many passions in us that were ignited during our trip to Europe. The big question of the trip was: What are we doing with our lives? Are we where we want to be? Are we doing what we are called to do - or are we settling for someone else's view? So, here we are - fully in. We returned from our trip, Phil put together his resume, sent it off to some companies he admires and now he is onto his second interview at this one: Springbox.
I am so proud of him. If you ever talk to him about design, you know he is so humble about his talent and gifts. (if you read my confessions post - one of the songs/cheers I sing is about how talented he is!) This is HUGE for him and us. It is exactly the direction he has always dreamed of going - working for a design studio in the center of the design movement. I can't wait to see how him being challenged further will grow him to be an even better designer than he already is. I honestly can't fathom how much better he can be. I joked with him after his first phone interview - the company was saying how impressed they were with his portfolio and what attention to detail he has and richness of design - and I said to him later - yeah, and that is with me nagging him at times (hurry up - dinner is ready!) or coming in every few minutes to see what shade of blue or green a site is in that moment - imagine what he could do without such distractions!
So, we are finishing up house projects we were too lazy to tend to before now and looking to sell our house. We would love to sell it friend to friend, like our friends Steph and Casey did, cause we love the idea of blessing friends, knowing what a great house our house is and wanting to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it. We'll see what God has in store.
We would love for you to say a quick prayer for us. Moving is daunting, but exciting. Renting for a while, and not owning. New friends, new church, new lifestyle. But, in the end really living out our passion for God and life. This is a whole new level for us in our walk with God.
1 comment:
This is truely awesome and I loved seeing the excitment in your eyes this weekend! I'll be praying for you and Phil. :)
Post a Comment