I have so many little nuisances about myself that I find quite funny. Only Phil knows about them and laughs at me for them - so why not share with you too? Here are my best kept secrets:
1) I like Home Shopping Network. I would never buy anything off of it - but the sales pitches and marketing are quite engaging. "You want how many, how many? Oh, that is wonderful!" I used to leave that on in the background, when I was single, and clean the house. Why, I don't know. (There is one playing the background right now!)
Which brings me to #2) I like infomercials. Love them. Grew up watching them. I like before and afters and the ridiculous claims they make - like I just have all the right ingredients sitting around to make a tasty pot roast melt and a smothered, stuffed chicken breast in 10 min. flat (start to finish) in a two sided "george foreman" look alike grill. But, man, wouldn't that be cool? I laugh at them and can't pull myself away sometimes. Remember the magic bullet? Fresh salsa and a margarita in like 5 minutes while all my friends sit around and throw their heads back and laugh. Life can just be that simple.
3) I hold it. I mean, sometimes I just don't feel like going pee. (Sorry to get personal) Especially when I'm at home, I'll hold it for no reason. Just don't feel like going. Then, inevitably I have to race in there cause I forgot that I had to go in the first place. So silly.
4) I make up songs. Mostly about how much I love Phil and I call them my Top 40 hits. Phil tries but I tell him I am too busy to manage him right now and he would just have to settle for #2 on the charts. I really can't sing and the lyrics are whatever random thing pops into my mind - but I have a #1 hit weekly. Such catchy tunes.
Hope you got a laugh too.
3 comments:
Very funny Cynthia! Regarding #3- you really shouldn't do that...it causes bladder infections! :)
you and your songs are funny! i want to hear one soon...make one up about your new couch! :)
I'm the opposite about peeing. I go when I'm bored, feel like it's been enough time between breaks, or leave somewhere for fear that I'll get to a place where there's no bathroom availability. Aw, bathroom habits! :P
Post a Comment