Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A box on a bus

Phil is so good to me. His office had a ROT rally party Friday night catered by Rudy's BBQ, quite possibly the best bbq we've ever had (with Smittys in Lockhart a close second). Yesterday at work he discovered there were cartons and cartons of food left. My humble, sweet husband loaded up a boxful of yumminess to bring home. Now let me explain what 'bring home' looks like.

He carries this box 4 blocks to wait in the 100+ temperatures for the bus. He makes the 45 min. trip with the box in his lap and then makes it to his non-air conditioned car for the 15 min. drive home. And he did not complain at all. He takes such good care of me.

Thank you honey, I'm enjoying some more now!

5 comments:

Phil Coffman said...

My pleasure sweetheart!

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

Wow, that is good! If he did that in Houston heat, he'd be one word - DEAD.

Erin said...

Um, if I'd been on the bus with him, you'd have a little less food! I agree, Rudy's is THE BEST!!

Marti said...

What a sweet guy. It's the little things, isn't it?

Morgan said...

Yes, Rudy's is the best! The only Bar B Q that I like!