Yesterday evening I was in the shower when the storm came in. I thought wow, the trees really are pounding on the roof. Then I looked again (through the window above our shower) and there was hail! Golf ball and marble sized! I frantically jumped out of the shower and dressed (note: no time for toweling off!) and ran to pull my car in the garage, all the while Ethan had woken up and was screaming in his crib out of fright.
The pictures tell the rest of the story:



And then there was Phil's car, parked at the park-n-ride, not more than 2 miles away:


We're surprised and relieved the back glass didn't just cave in. Thankfully we live so close the park-n-ride and Ethan's most recent illness (which we are battling now) has pushed his bedtime back to 7:00 (yeah!) so taking Phil to and from the bus works out great. Hm, wonder if we could get away with one car? Well, surely one day we could, but no reason not to get the Civ repaired. Our poor little car!
When Phil arrived home a little neighbor boy eagerly came up and starting chatting with him and checking out his car. His mom soon followed and when I arrived back from picking up E's prescription, she almost gleefully told us that our neighborhood is considered Hail Alley in Austin. Terrific! We'll be working this weekend on clearing out the other half of the garage so we can both pull our cars in.
3 comments:
Wow... Glad you both were safe. Did you get pummeled by hail while pulling the van in the garage? This was the worst hail storm I have experienced yet.
oh my gosh! that is crazy!
Oh, I'm so sorry about your car! How did the rest of your house fair? Our condo has a little hail damage.
Post a Comment