Monday, June 28, 2010

Many firsts

Looking back over our pictures, I noticed how many new things Ethan is experiencing. It is so much fun to see him do something for the first time in his life. What a treasure! Hope you enjoy our brief review of firsts!
Playdoh with his friend, Lane. He loved having Lane over and wanted to play with Lane, not just alongside.First trip to the zoo with just mommy. Phil was on a camping trip with some guys in our class and the moms had a ton of activities planned. Unfortunately, Ethan came down with pink eye Friday morning. I was desperate to get out of the house and change our routine, so I drove us to Waco and the oh-so-fabulous Cameron Park zoo. Here Ethan is showing how he likes to wear mommy's old sunshades. He totally struck this pose.
First sno-cone! This was at our church's summer kick off. MmmmmProbably TMI, but he poops in the potty now! He is so proud of himself. I can see how it is totally up to each kid how fast they potty train. Ethan is enamored with the whole process and always walks us through each step. I'm not allowed to sit by him anymore, I'm told to go out. Yeah! Who wants to be in there anyway?!Cheering on Daddy's favorite team. He loved that he and Daddy had the same color shirt on. First Carousel ride. He threw a fit at the mall (a really bad, screaming, embarrassing, lasting all the way to the car kind) when he saw the carousel strategically placed by the playland at the mall. He loved riding this one at the Aquarium with Mimi and Paige, but didn't understand why there wasn't an elephant, monkey or giraffe like the other one. Hard to explain an aquarium theme to him.

I am loving this age. He is so talkative, singing all the time (and correcting if you playfully change the words to the songs) and adventurous. Napping is down to an art, even with him telling me he is tired sometimes at nap. He knows where we are going when we get to intersections, and has become the DJ I never wanted, "new CD mama, new CD" and "no mommy muic, Ehan muic". He says please and thank you and when prompted says I love you with the sweetest voice. He now requests hugs, thanks to training from his friend Lane. I can't believe he is turning 2 in 2 days!!

3 comments:

casey said...

how cute!! what a happy little family...
i got the purple shirt at target! --mossimo mens. i got a small. they are really soft, and i like the bright color choices!

Marti said...

Such a sweet little guy. :) Love this post.

Steph said...

That potty picture...funny! :)