Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday E!

This has been the best birthday weekend of Ethan's life. He was so overjoyed on his birthday, he was literally running around screaming with excitement. To start it off, his cousins Chloe and Molly from Calgary are staying with us for a few days. Ethan cannot get enough of their attention. I'm afraid he is going to be so lonely after they leave.Ethan's other cousins, Paige and Chase, and Mimi drove up for his party. He was screaming their names as they entered the house. He couldn't believe they were here! (along with Aunt Melonie and Uncle Kevin and Pa and Gram!)
God was so gracious. We have had rain all week and it was a 60% chance of rain for the party. I was seriously panicking. I had envisioned a classic kids party in the backyard and all that was going to have to be scrapped for a cram-in-our-little house get together. But, seriously miraculously we didn't have a drop of rain all day Saturday and the ground was dry by his party and we were able to play outside!! I took it as a loving gesture by our loving God. He does love to give!Ethan's two favorite friends, Andy and Lane came. He talks about them all the time. I always know if they weren't at church or Bible study. I love to see him developing a heart for people.Happy Fourth of July! Our neighborhood had a parade this morning, and we had arrived a bit early (surprise, surprise). I saw lots of bikes and trikes decorated and decided we had some dying balloons lying around I could tie on and we could join the parade! I didn't know there was going to be a decorating contest and due to the lack of neighborhood involvement, we won 3rd place! It was seriously a sad sight, but Ethan proudly wore that medal the whole parade!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

so fun! glad the weather cleared up and ethan had a great party!!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!! Such a big boy!!!

Miss you guys!