I finished my book last night, The Inn at Eagle's Point by Sherryl Woods, and I was like, wow this is pretty good. Think I would like to read the rest of the series, see how it turns out. So I start reading all the back pages about her next book etc. and I spotted the dreaded words, "Harlequin Romance". AHHHH! I had absolutely no idea. I can't believe I actually read one of those. I always swore I never would. The first thing that comes to mind are those beefy guys holding the busty woman draped across him on the cover. Yuckkkkie. Oh oh. Darn. Finally felt like I found a series that was interesting. I didn't think this book was racy, like I imagine those hunky hunk books are.I was suckered. That's all I can say. I feel like some poor desparate housewife turning to books for entertainment! Not true!! Oh, all the stereotypes I have about people who read romance novels. I guess I better figure out where I fit into those, because it was a really well written book. Should I continue in the series or not? Issues, issues...
I better stick with the classics. I wish Jane Austen were still here. I've gotten a few good leads from a friend, so I think I'll shelf my disappointment and move on for now.
5 comments:
Fabio has to make money and feed his family somehow...that is if he has a family. I haven't seen a "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" commercial in years.
Did you ever read the 'Twilight' series? They are no harlequin, but I couldn't put them down!
I agree with Morgan. That series is good. I like phil's comment. I think they went with a less expensive person on those commercials.
I think if you like the series you should be able to read them! =) I totally understand what you mean though because I love Danielle Steel books, it all started several years while we were staying with Brian's grandmother and she loaned me a book she loved then I was hooked on her writing... Glad you are getting the time to enjoy a good book.
there are some series books Morgan and I read a long time ago, that are faith based. We both liked them very much, they are by auther Lori Wick, I believe... the ones we liked were set back in "old times", some drama, romance, friendship, and jesus, all rolled into one. :)
Post a Comment