
Our days right now are filled with napping, eating, and lots of poop. My wonderful little boy has shocked us with his two filled diapers with every feeding. Needless to say, we have not started cloth diapering yet. I have read this much poo is perfectly normal (and our midwife confirmed it today), but really now. So, the cloth will have to wait until I feel up to doing that much laundry. I plan on starting cloth on his one month birthday - cold turkey. I'm really anxious to start. I have recently discovered only one other mommy in my Sunday School who cloth diapers. It's nice to have another 'weirdo' nearby.

We also take daily evening walks with Daddy. For the past two weeks it has been just around our complex, but yesterday we ventured even further to the Arboretum shops. I plan on doing that by myself starting next week. It is great getting out of the house and getting some exercise.
8 comments:
You are so smart to nap when the baby naps and you both look great! His poops will get more regular as he gets older, and the toilet sprayer that Erin W. has attached to her potty works wonders on cloth diaper messes. I'm pretty sure you could install it on your toilet and then remove it and take it with you if you move to a house.
you won't need a sprayer until you start solids. Breast fed poop washes out well.
You can do it! It's not so bad. Honestly!
y'all do look great! he is already getting so big!
I love the picture of the two of you napping on the couch, so sweet!!! I miss co-sleeping, I really do.
aww! i love to read your updates on how you are adjusting to mommy life! you guys look great! i know they grow up so fast. my nephew is already 1 year old and it is hard for me as his aunt to accept that! :)
i had some cloth diaper anxiety in the begining too! i kept telling myself i would start when evelyn's cord fell off. luckily it stayed on for longer than expected! but once i started using the cloth diapers it was much easier than expected! plus erin is right...the breast feed poop washes out easily. just throw the dirty diapers right in the washer. =)
Hi there ~ I'm a friend of Mel's. I do Fuzzy Bunz cloth diapers. I currently use them on my almost one year old and I did use them on my almost three year old (he's potty trained now :-)) too! But the cloth diapers are great! If you have any questions with them feel free to contact me.
And you look great! Your baby boy is adorable.
-Terri
Hi Terri! Welcome to my blog! I got hooked on Bum Genius when I saw the one size, all in one diapers and have a huge stash of them, thanks to craigslist. My husband loves the velcro feature - virtually like a disposable, ya know. I will definitely blog/ask questions about cloth and thank you so much for offering to answer them! I am loving it so far and with every load of laundry I think - more $ saved!
Post a Comment