Monday, December 17, 2007

Little Christmas Tree

I was watching Martha the other day and she made the cutest, simplest little tree out of newspaper. I thought, if anyone has the time and resources to make a newspaper Christmas tree, it's me! I unpacked another box and viola - all the paper I needed. Little did I realize that the project would take 4 hours....Martha failed to mention her little helpers spent hours cutting out the little squares needed, and she modeled the project in like 5 min. I should have known! I love Martha, but sometimes her projects are not what they appear! Here is our little tree:But thankfully, just 15 minutes away we got to enjoy this one night:

Tonight we hope to go to Zilker Park and walk the Trail of Lights. It is a warm 76 here today, but we are doing our best to get into the spirit!

8 comments:

Erin said...

ooh, you'll love the Zilker Tree and Trail of Lights! My Dad, the Helen, Nathan, Stephanie, and Lucy will be there tomorrow night! Small world!

Erin said...

Neat tree. What/how did you do the snow? Glad you found some Martha happiness! See you soon!

Erin said...

Oh, and I love your new blog look. Lucky! (read as Napoleon)

Steph said...

Hey, you should mention that the tree in front of the Capital is totally crooked! We thought that was kinda funny.

I too love your wintery blog!

casey said...

what a cute, great idea! great job Cynthia!

Morgan said...

very creative!

Coffman Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coffman Family said...

The project is called Shimmering Stacked Trees on Martha's site. The snow is clear glitter.

The Trail of Lights was amazing. We have never seen anything like it. We can't wait to take our little one along with Paige and Chase next year. We think we have found a family tradition!