Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My days in Austin

Ah, I bet you are just dying to know how I fill my days here. Well, here it goes:

I begrudgingly get up with Phil at 7:15am, when I really wish I could sleep more cause I know the day ahead, but I really have never been one to sleep late, so I get up. Then, I make him breakfast and pack his lunch. After enjoying 2 full hours of the Today show, I watch Martha at 9 and then decide I should get off the couch. By this point I have probably gone to the restroom 5 times (thanks little peanut). So, I've been crafting lately, researching neighborhoods to buy a home in Austin (yes, a year in advance), running errands, and reading. About noon I flip on HGTV and attempt to take a short nap around 2 after all my shows are done. At 3 Rachael Ray's show comes on and I indulge in an afternoon meal - not snack - I'm usually pretty hungry. Oh yeah, probably have gone potty another 5x by then. After Rachael, I usually read more, surf the net, and then around 5 start preparing dinner. Phil gets home at 6:30 and I almost feel sorry for him when I completely bombard him upon his arrival. He pretends to love all the attention and is wonderful about listening while I chatter away non stop. Then around 10 to bed (and more pottying throughout the night) and the day repeats. Kind of like that movie Ground Hogs Day.

I'm not complaining. As I type, I can see how petty my "boredom" is. I think part of me is still in denial that all this is happening - or happened. I'm glad to be coming to Houston for the weekend. I'm sad this will be my last Bunco, though. I have loved it!! I'll feel even better when I can learn to accept and enjoy this new life. Subbing in the spring will help too.

The other thing I do all day is wonder if I am really pregnant. I know it sounds silly. Of course I am. But, honestly this pregnancy stuff has been a breeze. I feel so sorry for Steph being so tired. I wish I could take her tiredness on for her! I take a nap in the afternoon partly because I'm a bit tired, but mostly out of boredom. I have always eaten 5 small meals a day, but now the baby requires it, so I can't skip one or they let me know they are starving. And, the pottying. Oh - the pottying. Make it stop! I can't stand to go potty that much! Other than that and the tiny belly that is now protruding, I feel great. I just imagined pregnancy to be this something that is overwhelming, uncomfortable, burdensome, quite frankly - it would stink. I am loving every minute of it and don't feel so incredibly different from before. I am looking forward to the second trimester, which I will start in 2 weeks. I am ready for some more substantial changes to take place. I just love being pregnant!!

I had an inkling this would be what it was like for me. My sister Mel was the same way. She loved being pregnant, had very few discomforts, and in the end ended up pushing for only an hour! I hope we are alike in every way!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yes, enjoy it more if you can, because I hear that number 2 is quite a different story (no chance for rest!). Also, knowing your aversion to stopping what you're doing to potty, I'm sure that is a valid annoyance. That, in my experience, did only get worse, I'm afraid. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night (and proof of this "bump")! But, you have to come to mine in February, too!!! Oh, and don't think the pregnancy thing doesn't mean that I won't beat you down for the dice! No way, sister!

Morgan said...

i forgot about your aversion to the potty break!! ha ha! i am glad you are enjoying austin. and i will miss you tomorrow at bunco, i hope you win something!! good luck, and don't let erin bully you!! :)

Melissa said...

Man, you're almost into your second trimester and you've not been really sleepy?!?! I think I had narcolepsy that first trimester. It came on suddenly and there was no avoiding the nap. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. :)

Erin said...

I'm with Steph on the sleepies, but I hear you on the potty and the mini-meals all day long. And what's with you referring to your peanut as a "they"? Twin envy? :D