Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinner Fast

I never liked to cook. But, living away from family (who are all amazing Southern cooks) and having to rely on myself for all my home cooking needs, I've learned to embrace, and dare I admit, enjoy cooking. Well, my version of cooking anyway.

My cooking generally consists of things I can put together 1) with a toddler saying 'mama mama up up' over and over around my knees, which I can take for all of 20 min. or 2) can be thrown together in a crockpot in the aforementioned time, preferably during Curious George in the morning or his afternoon nap. Lately I've been gravitating towards the latter as that allows me to play outside and go to the park with Ethan everyday right up until 4:45 or 5 to help burn any last ounce of energy he may have. Stay at home moms know the value of a great neighborhood park. Plus, mamas need to get outside too!

I thought I'd share some of my most recent favorite slow cooker finds from allrecipes.com.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Spaghetti Sauce (I made it a slow cooker recipe)

Easy Pork Chop Casserole (I made this into a slow cooker recipe too!)

I'm am quite addicted to my slow cooker now! I just finished meal planning for the week and have, count them, 3 slow cooker meals planned. Not all of them are cream of soup based, though I think that is the main ingredient in quite a few I've posted here. We're southern in my house, so the creamier the better.

I'm going to try this new recipe this week. Hopefully I'll remember to post how I think it turned out. (And, if you're wondering, we're also having the Chicken and Dumplings listed above and a recipe for bbq beef from my sister.)

Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops This just sounds different. Sure, why not, we're adventurous eaters!

Hope it makes someone else's dinner plans easier and tastier!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I've been crocking a lot lately, too. Do you read the Year of Slow Cooking blog? We've gotten lots of good ideas from there.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

I have a rocking crock pot potato soup recipe from my friend Karla, too, that I've been making a couple times a month this winter. Let me know if you want it!

Coffman Family said...

Erin - I didn't know about this blog! I'm going to add it to my Reader. I'll email you for your soup recipe. We love potato soup!