Wow. Has anyone else seen this movie? I was totally taken back by how good it was. Nothing like I expected it to be. It is a heartfelt story of a guy who, after the death of his wife, kind of just shut down. He was just going through the motions of life until he stumbles upon a couple squatting in his New York apartment and how their lives intermingle after that. It is an incredible story of life, love, and compassion. I highly recommend it!
And then there is this movie. A disappointment really. You might remember my love for this book series. I was deeply saddened to find out they not only changed the lead to be an American, instead of leaving her British, but they also changed the local from London to America! Bah! In my opinion, that totally changes the book, the punch lines, the glamour, and the drama. I can't see it. I won't. I'm so disappointed. It was the one movie I had been looking forward to for years! Where is the BBC when you need them? Why didn't they buy the rights to this book! Ug.
5 comments:
I was saddened by the shopaholic changes as well. I might wait to get in on netflix as I am sure it will at least be an entertaining chick flick. Is Isla Fischer American? I thought she was Australian. No matter I was expecting something more like Bridget Jones for her character, not a polished, skinny little thing. And I will have to check out that other movie, I have never heard of it. Great post!
I haven't seen it, but I am pretty sure Isla Fisher is British! Why didn't they just let her use her natural accent? hmmm..
She's Scottish. They have the BEST accent! Grrr!!!
I too am disappointed about the changes, but I can't help it, I'm totally there!!! :D
I'm boycotting the Shopaholic movie. I did watch The Visitor the other day with diego & we both loved it. Great suggestion, Cynthia!
Post a Comment