Next, I put Ethan in the car and drove around looking for a church that might have a cute display out front and was willing to be THAT person who drags her baby out of the car, snaps the photo, then loads back up. I just needed a backdrop! Well, I couldn't find anything and Ethan was getting pretty fussy at this point. He still hates car rides for the most part.
I called Phil panicking. I mean, there is only so much daylight ya know! And then, I realized, where do they have big, beautiful fall displays? Outside grocery stores of course. Then, I shuddered at the thought of being THOSE people that actually use the store display for a photo op. Humiliating.
By 5pm I was desperate. Phil was willing to leave his Halloween party a bit early to help. I was on my way to pick him up when I saw the sun was setting fast and I was stuck in MoPac traffic. I was almost to the Whole Foods downtown when I caved. Yes, I would become THAT mother. I pulled into the parking garage, got Ethan out, met up with Phil and...got into line with the other parents doing the exact same thing!! Ok, so now I don't miss surburbia that much...

Thank you Whole Foods! You have a marvelous display! We might make this a tradition!
10 comments:
Ahhh! What a cutie! I just want to squeeze on those precious cheeks. And speaking of precious...your blog looks AWESOME!!!!!So cute. I love it!
Wow! They do have a great display! Cute costume Ethan!
Very cute! Parenting is a lesson in humility, huh? =)
Whole Foods is totally acceptable. Just be glad you didn't have to settle for HEB!
I agree with the others...adorable, and bring on the humility. Moms will use anything - especially if it's FREE!
Haha, I love your honesty, Cynthia! And these pics are totally worth it! He gets more adorable in every picture!
What a precious baby. That costume is a trip. I love the new blog look too!!! I may take pics at the grocery store next time too.
his outfit is very cute.
at least he is pictured with organic pumpkins... :)
I had the EXACT same thought about pics just today outside of Kroger...you are not alone.
Post a Comment