This house hunting process has been a lesson in patience. This house first came on the market Sept. 15. We were one of the first ones to see it and immediately knew that this was to be our house. We put an offer in that day. Now, here we are, over a month and a half later and things seem to be moving forward, finally. We have what is now our 4th contract on the house (same house, mind you) and we hope to have an inspector out on Monday. It has been a jolt of reality to see how the economic crisis flooding the country was playing out on our doorstep, literally.
We found out that the owners of the house bought a new $300,000 home in a nearby masterplanned community, leaving this house empty. Here's the kicker, they own a Quiznos and are trying to sell their franchise and are defaulting on the business loans because they 'don't have any money'. What?! All of the financial details are being worked out with the bank, which is what has been causing the hold up all these weeks. It seems now they have all come to an agreement and we can get on it with it.
Our lease ends at the end of November and we asked if possible to extend it. Nope. New tenants move in Dec. 5. We are positive we will close in time. Just looks like we will be spending Thanksgiving in Austin with a pile of boxes. But at least they'd be boxes in a new home! My heart is so anxious right now to be settling in. To put up a Christmas tree and start family memories in that home. First we must pick out new carpet, which we'll do this weekend. :)
7 comments:
Congrats!! What a wonderful step! The first house as a family of three! :)
Glad you guys are doing well!
Wow! What an adventure y'all have been on. Hopefully the rest of the house journey and moving in will go more smoothly. :o)
I honestly can say I know exactly how you feel! We can't even really start looking for a house to lease because no one will let us hold a place for so long, but yet we had to give a 60 days notice to our apt. complex that we would be moving out on December 30th. What a way to spend the holidays; in limbo! I just pray that we find a home to lease otherwise we may be putting our things in storage and staying with my parents in South Texas for a few months!
EEEKK!
Wow Cynthia! What a trooper you are! Y'all are getting in by the skin of your teeth! So exciting though. I can't wait to see it. I volunteer to help with Ethan so you can pack!!! ;)
Miss you.
I'm glad things are moving forward, I can only imagine how anxious you must be feeling. Enjoy your new home and all the new traditions you build there. :)
sounds exciting! I know God has laid the perfect plan for you guys, and you will be in your house just in time! congrats!
Wow! Sounds nerve racking!!! I know you can't wait to settle in. Such and exciting step. We can't wait to see pics.
Post a Comment