I love Phil's grandparents. I don't like their nicknames, mind you, but I love spending time with them. His grandpa, called BooDaddy, calls me his favorite historian. We love talking history together and sharing laughs. He has a very quick wit. We both share a love of diet cokes and finances. His grandma, Gammy, is a riot. (Now do you see why I call them Claire and Hudson?) She is very proper and I love to laugh with her. Sometimes Hudson cracks sweet jokes at her expense and she doesn't pick up on it until we all start laughing - to which she then says, "I am getting very upset with you Hudson".
Since Phil grew up overseas he didn't have the opportunity to develop a close relationship with his grandparents, like I did with mine. So now we try to spend as much quality time with them as we can, creating fun memories of our own. Phil and Hudson share a great love of pizza - so to the best pizza place in town we go - Star Pizza. They opened a more homely location in the Heights - where we went. Next time we see them will be when we get back from our trip, with a power point slide show, laptop, and projector in hand. We told Gammy we would only come over if she made my favorite blueberry pie of hers. Can't wait!
1 comment:
"BooDaddy"- Love it! :)
Post a Comment