Friday, June 8, 2007

Fun Friday

Today was a rather fun day at work. My co-worker, Rick, and I spent most of the day cleaning and painting the museum's kitchen. I should have taken a photo before we started, but forgot. I'll do my best to describe it to you - think dingy, dirty stark white walls "enhanced" by a stenciled border at the top of black butterflies. Pretty.

Here is the finished result. I wanted all Tan, Rick wanted each wall a different color, so this was our compromise. Two walls are cream and three are tan (there is a small piece of wall to the left of the first picture we counted as a wall). We are both pretty pleased with it. All our boss will say is, "It's not as bad as before, but I still won't each my lunch in here." Hey - at least I gave it a shot! I think it would be fun if we actually socialized at work - maybe around the coffee pot? Or, is that just an Office Space dream??My next adventure started when I went out to my car to go to Arbys for lunch. I love Arbys. I spotted these across the street and ran to get my camera. In the process my co-workers came out to see the sight - - They appear to be some kind of water bird, with their long legs, but we are a bit away from the Brazos River. They are young birds, and we think they are lost. My boss and I have been researching on the internet to discover their identity but to no avail. So much drama and fun on a Friday! Plus - I have been wearing my tattered painting clothes all day. I love the museum!

No comments: