
Halloween weekend we visited Sweet Berry Farms in Marble Falls with the New Parent's Class. It was a really great time! It will definitely become a fall family tradition. Ethan is still talking about it, especially his ride on the horse.
When we bought the ticket, they said if he cries and refuses to get on, they'd refund our money. Ethan was the only kid in line crying because it wasn't his turn fast enough. He was sad that I forgot to bring his cowboy hat. He'd been pretending with it all week.

Sharing pumpkin ice cream with Daddy. That stuff is addicting. Can't wait to try the fruity flavors in the spring when it's Strawberry picking season.

For Halloween, Ethan dressed up like he was going on safari in "Acica". He loves pretending to look for elephants, rhinos, hippos when we play outside, so it was a natural choice for a costume.
We went on Ethan's first trick or treating experience with some friends. It was sweet to see him learn how the process works. At first, when people would open their doors, he would walk right in. Such a friendly little guy!

On a much more solemn note, I must mention on Oct. 8 my sweet G-ma went to Heaven. Even as I type this I'm tearing up. She and my Pa-pa were like parents to me and my sisters since my mom was a single mom. She was always smiling, always laughing, always cooking, very direct (that's where I get it from :), and always warm and friendly. We knew this day was coming, but had hope that bringing her home from her 2 1/2 month stay in the hospital would help her recover. God was so gracious in allowing me and Phil to see her for a few hours before she went to Jesus. I had the privilege of praying over her with family around, and saying good-bye. I can't wait to see her again in Heaven. (We had hospice there and I cannot say enough great things about that organization. They brought our family so much peace during those hours.)
3 comments:
Hey Cynthia,
I'm just catching up on blogs and just read about your grandmother. I'm so sorry. I know how close you were with her.
It feels like forever since I've seen you. Would love to get together soon and chat about all that has been going on.
I hope you are feeling well.
Miss you...and again...sorry this is so late!
So so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm glad you got to see her before she passed.
That is so funny about Ethan walking in people's houses!! Bobby just wanted to walk, not really 'trick or treat'. :)
i am sorry about your grandma.
we just went to marble falls! well, we were in horseshoe bay, but we drove into it. :) so beautiful there! we have decided we may want to retire there, or at least in that area. hills, water, --that's all we want!
Post a Comment