Thursday, September 16, 2010

14 weeks along...

Today I had my first doctor appt. with my new ob/gyn. And, an answer to prayer - I like her! We will be having this next bundle of joy at a nearby hospital. While I loved the Birthing Center experience, it was expensive and there was absolutely no rest or aftercare after the baby is born. I know now I need that extra time to recover a bit.

We visited Seton Northwest Hospital a few weeks ago and instantly knew it was the place. Its maternity ward is older, small, super quiet (there was only one laboring mom on the whole floor) and there is no nursery - so the baby has to room in with you. Yes, yes, yes! Everyone was super kind and friendly and the rooms are simple with a huge wall of windows looking out over trees. It was so serene. Not that I'd be birthing with the blinds open, but afterward, it would be nice to not feel like I'm cooped up 'in' a hospital.

I probably read way too much before Ethan was born about the pros and cons of birthing center vs. hospital. I'm probably going to spend the duration of this pregnancy praying against any preconceived notions and have faith that I will have a beautiful natural birth, no matter the setting.

On the pregnancy side, I've been craving the craziest things so far....
* home cookin' - anything country fried and good homemade overly seasoned veggies on the side
* anything but water - usually it's half lemonade half water or half gatorade half water (I have a problem with becoming dehydrated)
* Mexican - mexican has always been my favorite, but Migas tacos from El Jardin call my name every Saturday morning.
* hot milk tea mid-morning
* iced tea whenever it's freshly brewed

Very different than with Ethan. I craved salads with him. Poor second kid.

No comments: