I've been watching Craigslist for months for Ethan a playscape. He does not like to swing (at all!) but attempts to climb anything; the kitchen cabinets, the gate for the stairs, and the couches all day long. I've had my eye on a Little Tikes or Step 2 version, but those things are listed for maybe an hour before they are snatched up! Austin mamas are crazy thrifty!Our backyard gets tons of shade, so I knew this would be the perfect thing for Ethan for the next few years. Maybe by then he'll develop a love for swings and we could resell it and get him a swingset.
I was sharing my situation with my sister in Houston and she suggested I look on the Houston site and she'd be happy to go pick it up. I hadn't thought of that! Sure enough, I found one that had been posted 2 hours earlier and to my complete surprise I was the first inquiry!! My brother in law picked it up the next day and we'll be heading to Houston soon to bring it home. I am beyond excited over this plastic pastel monstrosity. I showed it to Ethan who gladly exclaimed, "New park! New park!"
I love the idea of coming out here in the evenings, after Phil gets home, and spending time outdoors as a family. I can see a little pool at the bottom of one of those slides for Ethan to have some cool summer fun with friends (and us!) And, being able to cook out with friends while our kids play safely nearby.
My how my life has changed! The crazy things I'll do for the love of Ethan, even ruin my backyard decor for a much appreciated play space. :)
4 comments:
I believe the new Mama decor is uber fab! Oh, the day when I will re-claim my back yard. Until then, I do LOVE having so much fun to play on. Andy is excited to come and play with Ethan and his new playscape. :) What a find!
wow! that is an awesome one! what a find! bobby has a little one, and he really likes it. have fun ethan!!
that giant plastic thing is the best $$ you will EVER spend!
Y'all are making me feel so much more confident about my purchase!!
Post a Comment