Friday, March 12, 2010

Language Explosion

E: Dada a work. Pa a work. Mimi a work. Mama a work.
Me: Yes, Ethan, mama is definitely at work.

This is the conversation we have throughout the day. I love his little voice! His ability to repeat back words so quickly is a joy to see. The doctor told me to be ready for his vocabulary to explode but to see it in action! Wow!!

Ethan also LOVES to sing. I mean really sing. Like carry a tune and sing words that sound like the real ones. All day long. Our current favorite is EIEIO. All day he says, mama EIEIO? and then he'll tell me what animals to sing in and he'll sing along. Sometimes he'll even hit the drum to the beat. This kid already has more musical ability to me. It brings so much joy to my day to fill it with singing.

We're also at the park everyday. He wakes up sleepy eyed from his nap and says, Emo? Lately we've had to go through Elmo detox (long story), so I've had to disappoint with a short "doh" (George as in Curious George) video. Then it is always, Mama pak? We've been trying some new ones around Austin when we run errands. Changes it up a bit and gives us new adventures together.

I'm loving this age. He is so giggly, and loving (always wants to give kisses) and resilient. He currently has a pretty banged up chin from tripping over his own feet, but is ready to tackle the day the next minute. I love having a little boy!

1 comment:

Carters said...

Totally agree!...They are lots of fun and so full of kisses and hugs. I think 12-2yrs is great also - my favorite age. They are learning so much and are so excited at all the new things and can really start communicating. Unfortunately, sometimes at 2 they give you a run for your money...but it is only a short time and then they come back even sweeter!